A few posts ago I told you that I was going to share with you my skin care routine and what I put on my face this is that post! I What I use primarily on my face is the beautiful and natural Trilogy Advanced Skincare Range.I have a history of bad skin so for me it is to really important to look after my skin in a holistic way. The Trilogy Advanced Skincare Range is perfect for this as it treats my skin with natural ingredients, slowly fades my scars with rosehip oil and isn’t harmful to me as it has simple natural ingredients and not tons of chemicals.
I have tried so many products some very strong and horrible. It wasn’t until I decided to come back to basics in a last attempt to find something that helped my skin and assisted it back to normal I discovered Trilogy. Coming back to natural products has been the best choice especially for my skin. I use to have oily skin with a lot of acne that has caused scarring and hyper-pigmentation. Now my skin can sometimes tend to be on the oily side with minor breakouts sometimes. I am truly stoked with the result that these products have provided me with but in saying that we all have different skin types, reactions and different needs so not everything works for everyone. I really couldn’t stress this point enough as it is really always a trial and error process until you find the right beauty product for each purpose.
I am a big believer in the saying my body is my temple and whatever you put in your mouth or on your skin has a definite impact in your body and wellbeing. Firstly I drink around 1-2 litres of water a day And make sure that I have Magnesium rich diet. I also take zinc and hair skin and nails supplements. Zinc is the mineral that is responsible for the bodies healing processes which helps with nasty pimples taking zinc can reduce healing time and scaring. I also choose vitamins with high quality ingredients such as Go Healthy, a New Zealand brand which have the most potent range of supplements on the market. That’s the general skin care stuff out if the way so now let’s get down to it.
For my skin care I use a range of trilogy and Dermalogica products I have tried many products and I haven’t benefited from them more than these two amazing brands. I also add different things in on a rotation if I am trying something new or reviewing it this is so I can add a bit of variation into my routine and sometimes those products on rotation may enter my routine or replace a product that I was using previously.
- Trilogy Everything balm
- Trilogy Very Gentle Cleasing Cream
- Trilogy Gentle Facial Exfoliant
- Trilogy Very Gentle Calming Serum
- Trilogy Rosapane Night Cream
- Trilogy CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate
- Trilogy Blemish Control Gel
- Trilogy Mineral Radiance Mask
- Dermalogica Age Proof Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50
Current Trial Product/s:
- Plantae Hydrate Rose Essential Water
- I cleanse with Trilogy Very Gentle Cleansing Cream this is perfect for melting away makeup and getting a bit of moisture into the skin. I tend to leave this on for about 3-5 minutes and use circular motions on my face as it is important to keep products on the skin for a while so you get the full benefits of the ingredients.
- Every week I will use Trilogy Very Gentle Facial Exfoliant at night to scrub away excess skin lightly I use circular motions and tend to focus on my trouble spots around my T-zone to encourage blood flow and to rid any dirt or build up. I do this at night as this is when your skin regenerates itself.
- I Use Trilogy Very Gentle Calming Serum and Trilogy Rosapane Night Cream as a combo mostly especially when my face needs extra moisture if my skin is dehydrated or dry (yes there is a difference!) I use these at night obviously as it is a night cream. I normally alternate having a night cream on my face only using it once every second or third day. This is to allow my skin to regenerate on its own at night without any product on my face.I also use The Calming Serum in the weekends under an SPF moisturiser without makeup if I am having a no makeup day.
- These three gems are the super heroes of my routine. I only use them when I need them but when I do they save the day. They are so powerful and divine. I use Trilogy CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate after an all-nighter when I look like death the morning after this product takes care of those dark under eye circles and has an anti-ageing effect also. Trilogy Blemish Control Gel is my knight in shining armour it saves the day when I have a nasty pimple and I tend to carry this in my handbag as a secret weapon. Last but not least the Trilogy Mineral Radiance Mask which I use when my skin is screaming out for help. this baby soothes skin, moisturises, helps angry pimples and is the thickest luscious mask I have ever used I am addicted.
- How can I forget Dermalogica Age Proof Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 this is the best daily moisturiser I have ever used. No more tight or sticky faces this is your girl. I think it is worth every cent goes well by itself and under makeup It doesn’t smell or feel like sunscreen but gives you some serious protection which will help your face in the future against aging.
- Last but not least The product I have in trail rotation at the moment is Plantae Hydrate Rose Essential Water and HOLEY MOLEY it is lovely. It is also natural and even better certified Organic ! I spritz my face and neck with this after I get out of the shower and even if I am having a super dry skin day it will combat the flakey skin and dehydrated look. I love wearing this and putting my Dermalogica moisturiser overtop for a perfect punch of lush hydration.
If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment. I highly recommend to check out the links to the product websites below I am sure you will find these or if not something else worth a try.